Monday, March 2, 2009

Super Excited!!

I just recieved an email that Disney World approved my application for a donation for the Memory Walk Benefit Auction in June. They are donating 4 tickets valued at $500!!! The Memory Walk is a walk put on by the Alzheimer's Association every year and it is held at Ashland University. Colonial Manor has a team that walks and to raise money we decided to have a benefit auction. Last year our auction raised $6,000!!!! Our goal this year is $10,000. It is going to be held on June 19, 2009 at the JVS. We are teaming up with Brethern Care and we figured the JVS was about half way for each of us!!! I'm soooo excited that Disney donated. Now I've got to think of some more big companies to ask!!! Anyone know of any or have any ideas????


Mom came home from the hospital (finally) today!! She was in Medcentral since Wednesday having surgery. She had a 22lb tumor removed from her ovary. There is NO CANCER present!!! Awesome news considering the kind of luck mom seems to have!! She is feeling pretty good. I've got enough people lined up to cook for her clear up to next Wed.

The day just kept getting better when I came home from work to find that Dan made supper in the crock pot!! And I only have one more day of work before I'm off for 3 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment